Saturday, November 03, 2007

Really Remembering

Last night, I joined some folks at the Women of Faith Conference in OKC. I really wanted to stay home, but I went.

I enjoyed the concert. Nicole Nordeman was performing and I've always liked her music. It's very touching. And it made me think so much about infertility and ivf. Maybe it was all the pregnant bellies. Or the fact that I talked to a girl from Durant this week who is about to start IVF. Or that it's been almost a year. Or that I watched a special on the Discovery Channel about Louise Brown.

The theme of the program was freedom. I certainly don't feel free from the bondage -- the all consuming nature -- of infertility. I have a baby, but I'm still haunted by this disease. I know it's something we'll have to face again in the future. It's not fair.

The program on Louise Brown seeemed to indicate that today, IVF is routine and mainstream. I wanted to laugh. There was nothing routine abou the emotional roller coaster I was on last November.

No comments: