Friday, June 29, 2007

"Lady of Leisure"

Well, today was my last day of work before baby! I had originally planned to work until next Monday, but because of the way that leave works, it was better to start my maternity leave today! And I'm very glad that today was it! I'm tired, my feet are swollen, and I finished my projects.

I have so many things I want to get done -- washing windows, cleaning under appliances, spending time with mom. I want to have everything ready for baby too.

Most of my family is away in California, on their way to the family reunion that I was supposed to help with. But I'm not at all sad I can't be there. I wouldn't trade this belly for the world! But it's sad that everyone is gone. I hope they're having a good time. No more car breakdowns!

We are supposed to go to the doctor on Monday, but with the death of Scott's step-grandfather, things have gotten more complicated. He's a pall bearer so he has to be at the funeral. But our appointment is at the same time.

We're going out to dinner with friends sometime tomorrow. Other than that, we have no firm plans for the rest of the weekend. We need to mow the yard, but how can you mow when it rains multiple inches each day? We're having to get home by taking alternate routes -- the water has been over our low water bridge every day.

Oh, the nursery rocker is finished! I promised to attach a photo. I will take a photo later of the nursery as it is now. It finally looks like a nursery, although it still needs some accessories.


No comments: