Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sleep Deprivation

Well, it really doesn't seem like he should be 3 weeks old! It's rather surreal. He is usually waking 3 times per night, with the times dependent on what time he falls asleep. Usually his daddy gets him to sleep after I've given up in frustration. Last night, he fell asleep for me after I'd given up and given him to dh who then tried to get him down for half an hour too!He fights sleep so hard. I finally breastfed him to get him to sleep.

Speaking of that . . . I found some websites that talk about moms who pumped exclusively, so I'm not alone! I am letting him nurse occasionally because I read that helps my body to personalize his milk. He is still struggling with constipation. I don't know if it's from my milk or the formula. I hate seeing him look miserable.

We have now spent several days on our own. It was a little scary at first, but we're doing okay. Thank goodness for the bouncy seat! He naps in that allowing me to do things like bathe and nap myself, something very necessary after his usual middle feeding that lasts 1.5 hours! I am planning our first solo shopping trip today. We must have wipes! And some other items, but mostly wipes. Our Wednesday night childbirth class has a reunion tonight. I'd like to go, but I don't know if dh wants to.

Well, this pumping session is over.

No comments: