Thursday, August 09, 2007

2 Weeks Old

It doesn't seem possible that little Nathaniel is 2 weeks old -- it's been such a whirlwind. He and I still haven't been on our own for more than a few minutes (of course, this is largely due to the fact that I couldn't drive because I was on narcotics and then I couldn't find my driver's license -- I did find it today). But tomorrow is the last day of having my mom in the house to help. So, 'Thaniel and I will be on our own -- it's a little daunting, but I'm also looking forward to a little alone time, but I'm sure I'll be ready to have mom back soon!

Breastfeeding -- I told some folks the other day that I would rather give birth again that breastfeed at times. That is still true. I love feeding baby, but I'd much rather pump and feed him. Nursing is still very uncomfortable -- okay, it's downright painful. Tear causing. But I feel like I can't give up nursing completely. I hate this feeling that I have to compare myself to other moms -- why am I so competitive? Why can't I just do what I want to do and what I feel comfortable with? I still don't have enough milk, despite frequent pumping. I plan to be more regimented with my pumping/feeding next week.

We went out for the first time -- out meaning somewhere other than the doctor's office, church, or grandma's house. We had lunch at Chili's and then a quick trip to Target. Baby needed some socks and a blue blanket. We had an accident with formula. The formula can came open in the diaper bag -- quite a bit spilled unfortunately. It was a frustrating experience. It was nice to get out though.

Baby has had poopy problems today, probably due to formula or the large number of fruits and veggies I've been consuming (in an attempt to eat healthily and increase my milk production). We have had to start adding Karo syrup to his formula bottles. He was so miserable though -- he is usually so well behaved.

I promise new pictures soon.

No comments: