Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Settling In

It doesn't seem possible that little 'Thaniel is a week old today! Wow, it's been a whirlwind. I still have a lot of sleep to catch up on from the previous week. Mom is here and is helping me to get "enough" sleep. It's so hard to not be doing things and resting instead.

Baby is quite the night owl. He likes to get me up hourly each night for feeding. I was so tired on Sunday night that I would get him settled on a breast and then fall asleep. Somehow, he would wake me up when he was done and I would burp him and switch breasts. Then, dh caught me asleep and he was none to pleased. I couldn't help it. Breastfeeding is so very hard -- I had no idea the commitment involved. It would be so much easier to just give up and use formula exclusively, but I am determined to continue. If I need to supplement, I will. But otherwise, he's stuckl with breastmilk.

Okay, no time to write. My eyes are closing as I type. Will update soon.

kell

No comments: