Friday, July 27, 2007

The Newest Overachiever



I don't know where to begin. I've wanted to blog so many times, but I've been busy! My feet are humungo and I need rest, but I feel compelled to share! At the same time, family members need to share their pictures with me. Looking through the contents of my camera, there is so much that dh and I did not get to capture.

The whole labor story will have to wait for later, but for now, "little" Frederick Nathaniel arrived at 12:17 p.m. on Tuesday, July 24th. On the 23rd at 4:00 p.m., we went in for our regular check-up and found we were at 1 to 2 cm. At around 7:00 on Tuesday morning, I was at 7 c.m. We chose not to have an epidural, the only assistance I had was a lovely 1 cc dose of stadol.

He certainly is on his way to being an overachiever -- coming at least 1.5 weeks early and weighing 8 pounds. He's also an overachiver at pooping -- not such a good thing, but at least everything is functioning. He loves to eat all the time, but right now, I just don't seem to have enough milk to satisfy him.

I am including photos I have right now. I hope to get additional ones soon. These were all taken very quickly after birth and believe me, he's much cuter. He's really, really cute, and I'm not at all prejudiced! There is another photo out there somewhere of little Nathaniel in his overachiever t-shirt, but I don't have it yet. Please someone share it with the boy's momma.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I was just thinking about you today. What wonderful news!!!

smiliesar said...

YEAH!! Another cute little baby! I am so happy for you that your wish came true and now you are holding your little one. CONGRATS!!