Thursday, July 19, 2007

38 Weeks!

Today has been an exciting and exhausting day. I went in to work because of the quarterly state historic preservation review committee meeting. I had three national register nominations up for consideration. Thankfully they were all accepted -- one was the church from my hometown that has been my pet project since graduate school. The committee members found it to be a really interesting building, as do I. We did make some fun of the owner though -- he's an interesting character as well.

Then, I had lunch upstairs at the museum cafe with my supervisor, the big boss, and one of our consultants (who I find to be a good mom model). Then the office had a party for me -- the guys were really making fun of the fact that they had to go to a baby shower. My co-workers were way too nice and too generous. They're really great. We had some great food -- I had too much sugar. My supervisor even went shopping for me! Shocking!

I came home and put my feet up and took a nap. My feet were huge. I tried to wear "real" shoes -- it's against work policy to wear flip flops and I tried to abide by the rules today.

No comments: