Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snowed In!

Well actually, it's not snow. It's sleet. Whatever it is, we're stuck in the house for an indefinite period of time.

The rest of this past week has been a busy blur. Tuesday I was in Perry. Wednesday, we had a meeting with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation about bridges (especially a WPA one in Coal County). Then Thursday we were in Bartlesville and Tulsa. We got back into town Thursday night around 7:00. As I was walking to my car, I started getting scared. It couldn't be -- not a flat tire! (I bought new tires during the fall semester). But alas, it was. Security had noticed it early in the day and tried to find me, but of course, I was not in the office. So, I had to call roadside service. I was prepared to wait a good hour and a half. Then, someone at OHS volunteered to change it for me. Thank you sooo much. I was home by shortly after 8:00 and I'd even gotten my last progesterone shot.

All this Thursday night was after I was late to work Thursday morning due to an accident on I-235. I left a little early that morning and had just enough gas to get to work. However, because traffic was crawling, I almost ran out. I ended up taking a detour and getting a little gas. I suppose that is when I ran over what eventually would cause me to have a flat. What fun!

So Friday morning, I'm late to work so I can go get my tire fixed. Hibdon's doesn't open until 8:00, but I'm out of there and at work by 9:00. Then, the freezing rain and sleet starts. Around 10:00 the governor declares his state of emergency and tells all non-essential state workers they can go home. So, at 10:30, I leave after putting in a hard 1.5 hours of work. It took a while to get home (once again I-235 was not moving). Luckily, dh was able to leave work at 1:00.

So, now we're home just hanging out. We've watched lots of tv, he's played lots of video games, and I've done lots of cooking. I made stew for him, meatloaf for me, brownies, muffins, and a yummy breakfast. It's been fun, although we may be stir crazy before this stuff all melts next week.

1 comment:

Emmie said...

Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy and new job! Thanks for reading my blog.

I understand your feelings about being nervous about stopping the PIO shots. It's amazing how quick my body got over it though.