Thursday, April 19, 2007

25 weeks

Well, the trip to Bartlesville didn't go exactly as planned. I felt kind of sickly Tuesday morning (runny nose and sore throat). This only worsened through the day. By Tuesday night I was running a fever and was miserable. I might have slept two hours. And because I was worried about fever and the baby I was even more miserable. I managed to get my work done, somehow. I hope I didn't miss too much. I was so glad to get home. I was running a temp of 100.5 when I got home, but managed to get it down to 98.9 shortly after getting home. I still felt pretty bad until around 9:00 -- then the mucinex or something finally kicked in. I was able to sleep through the night which was wonderful.

I'm glad that I have no more out of town trips before baby. I go to Vici next week and then have to go Marietta sometime in May to survey an old jail and railroad depot. There will also be day trips to Elk City and Guthrie.

My first national register nomination was officially forwarded to Washington today. Yeah! I was definitely down on survey work after being in Bartlesville, but seeing the end of the survey process (a completed nomination) helped me to see that it is worthwhile. One shouldn't survey sick though! (My boss's advice was to "drug up" when I told him was sick -- like that's a possibility when you're 6 months pregnant).

Bloss asked me how much weight I've gained. I don't know, since I don't really pay attention at the doctor's office and I don't know what I weighed when I started IVF. I did measure my waist tonight, though. At the "widest" point I am now 43". My belly is coming awfully close to my bosom area. There's not much separating the two and that can be a little uncomfortable.

No comments: