Thursday, April 26, 2007

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester!

Well, I've officially entered the third trimester -- if you go by certain charts. Others say it doesn't start until Tuesday, but I'm sticking with today. I finally dropped the bomb on work, sort of. I emailed my supervisor and said we needed to discuss maternity related issues in the very near future. Now at least he knows we need to talk about it and I shouldn't be able to keep putting it off! I should have talked to him about it yesterday when we were in the car together all day! We were in far western Oklahoma doing some research. It's very ugly out there.

Today, I did research into potential pediatricians. I think I've found two good candidates that we will try to meet up with in June. Their offices were very friendly and each came highly recommended from coworkers.

I went and bought flowers for the yard tonight (I had a coupon that was expiring in the next few days). DH won't let me plant them though, so MIL and SIL, if you're reading, I need help, please. He says I can't even help (although the education class said I could garden as long as I wear gloves).

We're having dinner tomorrow night with some friends of Dh's. They have a little boy who was born in January and we haven't seen them since December.

Dh is late tonight (he's been late every night this week with work and sports) and I'm starving. I've been hungry all day -- some days I'm starving and other days, I just eat because I know I need to.

Beware of whining and general complaining . . . (bear in mind that the true object of this rant is completely unaware of my blog as he is "no longer my brother in law" -- no wait, his words were "you're no longer my sister in law") . . .

I was having a really good day today until . . . I tried to mettle in the affairs of others. I had very good intentions and IT IS MY BUSINESS!! This is the second time this week something like that has happened. But, I shall not bother to make suggestions, share my opinions, or otherwise try to help again. I've learned my lesson and I'm just gonna stay out of things. Sometimes families are very difficult and I would just like to move away with DH and the baby and be alone for a while. Other times, I'm afraid that things are just going to slip out of my mouth -- that I'm going to tell people how I really feel and stop being NICE. (I think I've got a few too many hormones raging at the moment and I'm hungry).

Okay, that was very therapeutic.

We have Healthy Pregnancy class on Saturday morning and then we're off to Atoka for a wedding. Not looking forward to the drive, but am looking forward to the visit. This will probably be one of my last drives down before baby, so I plan to enjoy it.

No comments: