Wednesday, May 02, 2007

27 Weeks, almost

Well, I've almost made it to 27 weeks. But the reason I'm writing today is that I finally did it, I talked to my boss about maternity leave. I told him last week that we needed to discuss that issue. I'd been putting it off since then. Today, he basically asked me if we needed to talk about something. So, we did. He was very receptive, even to the possibility of working part or 3/4 time. We'll still have to discuss this with the "big" boss (who is out until Friday), but hopefully everything will work out. My boss even offered to donate some of his sick leave to me! If all goes well, I hope to go on maternity leave after the July 4th holiday. But, we'll just have to see how I'm feeling.

Monday, I was really tired and having some tiny cramps -- just uncomfortable. Last night, my stomach was super upset -- my poor intestines are being squished! Today is better. I have more energy, so I was able to run errands and even cook dinner before I took up my nightly position lying on the couch. Now I'm in the optimal baby moving position. He/she really likes to lay on the couch sitting next to daddy.

Speaking of daddy, we "decided" on names, well, maybe. For a girl, I really wanted Anne with an E! Dh does not want the E, so we had to go with something else. I really wanted an "A" name, so I suggested Audrey. For a boy, we're down to two possibilities that we both like, Frederick Hewitt or Frederick Howell. "Howie" or "Huey" according to Millie. Hewitt is my favorite, but Howell is good as well (and it's a family last name, as well as a misspelled action verb).

I found out this week that our crib should arrive the 3rd week of May. Yeah! I'm ready to get the nursery put together.

For once, we don't have a baby related class this weekend. This is our only free weekend between now and the middle of June. But, I really need to go to Mom's, but I also want to stay home. That 2.5 hour drive is not a lot of fun in my condition!

No comments: