Thursday, May 17, 2007

No More Cake For Me!

Well, I have gestational diabetes. From looking at the number with the dietician, it looks like I have a mild case. In fact my numbers were within the normal range (if I wasn't pregnant). The dietician thinks that the doctor is just playing it safe -- doesn't want me to have a giant baby or any other complications.

So, for this week, I have to monitor my blood sugar four times per day. Once before breakfast, then 2 hours after each meal. I have to significantly cut back on carbs and no fruit in the morning. Not much fruit period. And no desserts. That stinks, but oh well.

This has been a really crazy week. Dh has been late almost every night and had to work from home. I've been working on that wonderful slipcover for the nursery rocking chair -- so I've worked myself to the bone every night. Okay, I haven't been working that hard, but it certainly feels that way. I think it's going to work out okay. I basted most of the pieces together tonight -- I'm departing a bit from the instructions, but I was more comfortable with basting first and then using the machine. That way, I can hopefully get a better, more custom fit.

In other news, our cloth diapers finally came. Yeah! I went by the baby store today and no word on our baby bed. They expect a shipment any time, though.

I am glad tomorrow is Friday. I've been to the lab 3 times this week, plus the doctor once, missing an entire day of work if you add up all the hours. Of course, if I was going to miss this was an okay week to miss because I'm supposed to be doing some website editing and OSU messed up the website -- I couldn't even do the editing. So, I worked on my pet project National Register nomination instead. Hopefully that's almost finished.

This weekend will be full as well, with shopping for MIL's mother's day gift tomorrow night (game night for the guys), then birthing healthy babies class on Saturday morning, working at MIL in the afternoon on Saturday, and a baseball game on Sunday afternoon. I may not make the baseball game. Sitting on bleachers for several hours does not sound at all pleasant at the moment. My bootie is awfully sore these days. Sorry, Meg, that I can't make your concert. Just think, if I don't drive down, I can make a bigger donation! Stupid gas prices.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

No comments: