Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Glucose Testing

I went in Monday morning at 7:40 for my 28 week gestational diabetes test. I made it to work around 9:30. Then, I had to go back to the doctor at 4:00 for my regular appointment. There, I found out that I failed the glucose tolerance test. I also had some nitrates in my u/a, so I have to watch out for a bladder infection.

So, this morning I went back at 6:50 to do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Four blood draws! Lots of scary mental patients (I was really uncomfortable several times -- one lady was crying and ranting and two guys were sitting in the chairs rocking themselves back and forth). I fell asleep after the first blood draw and then the time passed fairly quickly. I made it back to work around 10:40. I worked a few minutes and then went to get some lunch upstairs. I waited too long -- by the time I got some food, I was shaking and sweating. But I felt better after eating, although still fairly tired.

I hoped to hear something by late this afternoon, but nada. I called the doctor, but they assured me they had no results. So now I have to wait until tomorrow morning, at least. I just want to know what is going on.

In other news, dh let me celebrate my first mother's day despite his insistence that this one really doesn't count. For my last birthday, he bought me an iPod nano. Well, I love it, but it's hard for me to use (clip on my carrying case doesn't work well and it's too big even though it's small). So, he bought me a shuffle -- it's the perfect size and the clip is part of the package! I love it and he needed an iPod of his own, so he is taking the nano. Thanks, sweetheart!

No comments: