Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Birthdays


This photo is from today as baby and I were playing on the computer.

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday.

I've been reflecting on my birthdays over the last few years. Momentous things seem to happen around that time for me. And, it's my favorite time of the year! Let's see, in 2003, dh and I had been dating for a few months and he bought me very thoughtful gifts as he was "trying to win me over" (according to mom). In 2004, we were newlyweds and building our house. I was so sad that dh had to go to work and then he surprised me by coming home after a mandatory morning meeting. We had a great day. 2005 was miserable. It was shortly before the Christmas from hell. We'd been ttc since May and each month, I became more and more scared that something was wrong. Each month as AF arrived, I became an emotional wreck. My birthday was on the weekend, I think. We'd had a sunday school party on Saturday night at our house. Midway through the party, AF arrived. I was devastated, but had to go out and be festive. The next day, we had my birthday lunch at our house. We had pizza and MIL had made me a cake. And then my little niece announced that she was going to be a "big sister." Sorry, K, but I had a hard time keeping it together. I was thrilled, but so very jealous. Not a good birthday all the way around. Last year, was much better. I had started the Lupron injections and was anxious to really get going with the IVF cycle. Also, I was looking forward to several job interviews. This year, it's kind of anti-climactic. I'm tired and don't really want to do anything -- I just want to come home and be with dh and baby since my mom couldn't be here. I made the mistake of trying on some pants at my favorite store today. Big mistake. I've lost 30+ pounds, but still have a long way to go. I bought a shirt and some earrings. Thanks mom!

I've really got to get serious about the weight loss.

No comments: