Monday, October 22, 2007

IF still sucks!

DH and I are both currently carrying around benefit option stuff from work. I wanted to get everything done tonight (so I can stop carrying it around), but infertility makes insurance decisions complicated. I am switching back to a ppo for baby and I and I'm also adding dh. We don't plan to use it unless it is really needed for dh, but the state pays for it, so why not take it!

I also had to decide about an FSA. How much if any to hold out for 2008? Will we be doing IVF? Will I be pg?

And then the biggie . . . what happens if I quit my job? Dh's insurance is fairly reasonable, but his packet is very vague about coverage. I'm primarily concerned about drug coverage since I know we'll have to pay out of pocket for IVF. The drugs last time cost less than 500.00 with insurance, but without it it can be up to 6,000.00 just for meds. Ouch! I may have to keep my job just for the crappy coverage it DOES provide. (They did end up paying about 2,000 for the procedure too, but I'm not counting on that).

I'm still considering going to work at a company that covers IVF, like Fed Ex Kinkos or Integris, just long enough to get coverage.

Ahh, the things we do because of IF!

No comments: