Thursday, December 28, 2006

8w6d Ultrasound


Well, we got to see baby again. And this time she/he was kicking and moving around. Very sweet. I have a new pic that I will upload soon. The doctor says he/she is measuring just right and he gave us a due date of August 5th (different than those internet gurus). Who cares, though. I will still consider myself 9 weeks today -- it sounds better! It was 7 weeks ago today that our little one was "conceived" so . . . there.

We are now officially ob patients! Our first ob appointment is the 18th of January. I called them this morning to try to find out how much things are going to cost -- the business office is not very helpful. We want to withhold from paychecks enough to cover medical costs so it is deducted before taxes. The evil business office said they would go over all of that information at our January appointment. They did give me the before insurance costs, but just for the doctor, not the hospital. Those (hospital) are the charges that really scare me! The doctor's fees aren't that bad, by comparison. It's a lot cheaper than surgery!

The countdown to the new job is on. I've been trying on clothes (my selection is still very sad -- I thought I was okay on work shirts, but I can tell my wardrobe is going to get very boring, very fast. Oh, no, I'll have to go shopping!) I've also been trying to get the house in order. I did watch "The Devil Wears Prada" this morning, though. Lots of fun. Maybe I shouldn't have watched that before I went through my closet? :)

Got to get to work.

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

Kelli- I am so excited for you. Your little bean is so cute with the little arm and leg buds. I wish I had another picture of ours with arms and legs. I will just have to wait until next month. Congrats again and good luck on the new job. I like your new due date. Aim for the 6th though...that's my b-day!

-Sarah