Tuesday, September 25, 2007

2 Month Checkup

Nathaniel had his two-month checkup this morning. We had to be there bright and early at 8:30 a.m. He now weighs 11 lbs. 11 ozs. and is 23 1/4 inches. He is still in the 50th percentile for height and weight. We go back in two more months. Oh, the pediatrician thought his insistence on standing was pretty amazing (usually seen around 6 months) and she kept saying how sweet he is.

Then, it was time for shots. He had four and did really well. He did let out one heartbreaking cry. Dh helped to hold him. I cried. We gave him t*lenol before and every four hours since. He was pretty sour afterwards and slept a lot of the afternoon, but he's been smiling and cooing for the last hour or so. He laid on the floor on a quilt for a long time, just talking.

I received another early birthday present today. Quinn is sneaky! But, I love it! I can't wait to hang it up.

This weekend is my ten year reunion. Have I mentioned it before? I still haven't sent in my RSVP. Mill is trouble for skipping out on the Friday night football game. I don't know if we'll go to that or not. I guess we will make it to the picnic on Saturday though.

I considered titling this post "angry." There's still a possibility I will not be going back to work . . . and possibly suing the state! I have been reassured since January that accommodations would be made for me to pump at work. Well, last week I emailed my supervisor to check on those accommodations, making it clear that I would prefer to pump at my desk. I can cover up and the pump is quiet. No big deal. Well, the big boss is out of the office (her mother passed away). So, my supervisor must have spoken to administration. Anyway, I have an email today that says the director's secretary has found some rule or something that says I cannot pump at my desk. I have searched state statutes and not found anything that says I can't pump at my desk. State law says I have the right to breastfeed anywhere and that my employer must give me the time to pump (although it doesn't have to be paid). They are going to have to show it to me in an existing statute or I will do what I want. I shouldn't have even asked. I should have just done it and dared them to tell me to stop. Otherwise, they have to find a suitable place for me to pump. I will not pump in the bathroom! I will not pump in my car in the parking lot. And they have to have something arranged by Monday. Guess what, my supervisor will not be there Monday. I will need to pump shortly after I get to work on Monday, and it can't wait! I'll be miserable and leaking milk. If this doesn't get worked out, I'll stay home because I expect this to be a recurring issue, as I hope to have multiple children over the next several years and I intend to pump and feed or breastfeed them all.

No comments: