Friday, September 21, 2007

"The Smell of Heaven"

Today, Nathaniel and I got to visit my old school and then have lunch with daddy. It was nice to see the teachers and the students. It was the first time I'd seen the principal since leaving last November. He held the baby and said in Turkey, they say that the scent of babies is the smell of heaven. They were so nice to me there. He told Nathaniel that I gave up teaching for him. Gladly! The principal doesn't know I started a new job in January! That makes me feel a little bad, although I did leave teaching because it was too stressful. I would have left soon anyway. But, I still feel a little guilty. I liked what he said today, although I couldn't help thinking that his concept of heaven and our's is quite different!

Speaking of work, i think I'm ready to go back. I will certainly miss baby and it's going to be hard to juggle it all, but dh will help. I emailed today to check about accommodations for pumping. I think now that perhaps that I should have just started pumping in my cube and waited to see if anyone said anything. Now I'm gonna be really upset if they say no. It is a case of it being easier to ask forgiveness than permission. It shouldn't be a problem -- there's a grandpa on one side and a gay guy on the other! I'll come up with a curtain if I need to.

We made dinner tonight (steak and potatoes) for dh's friend who came over to watch the OU game with dh. Therefore, I'm pumping in the nursery.

Tomorrow, we have an early morning meeting at church and then dh is officially on vacation!! Yeah. I'm planning a pedicure, a haircut and maybe a color, and possibly a massage. Then next weekend is my ten year class reunion. What fun! If it had been nicely planned it would be alright, but everything is very last minute and half a**.

Oh, I joined We*ght W*atchers on Tuesday. Well, I don't guess you really join when you're a lifetime member. You just go face the music. I have about 40 pounds to lose to get to my goal. Dh has promised me a nice shopping spree when I get there. 40 sounds like so much! I am thinking in ten pound increments instead of one big chunk. I'm not supposed to try to get pg again until I lose that either.

No comments: