Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Delay

Today was a crazy day. I had to finish up quarterly grades and get to my appointment by 2:30. At 1:50, I walk out the door. I get to the car, load all my stuff, and go to start the motor. It starts and then dies. It starts then dies. I repeat this process for a while and then start to freak out. I call Scott, no answer. Great, what to do? I end up calling my mil. She comes to get me, but the whole process takes a while. It was almost 4:00 when we made it to the fertility clinic.

And guess what they found during the ultrasound? A 30 mm cyst on my right ovary. So, they will call tomorrow to let us know my estrogen levels. If it is too high, I will go on aygestin to kill off my "friend" as the nurse called it. Supposedly it causes a whopping period. Oh, well.

Ultimately, we'll probably be delayed a week. With all my car issues today, a one week delay didn't sound that terrible. You just take what you get and we had no control over this. There's still some hope that we won't be delayed, but I don't want to take any chances. Actually, this may work out. That way I will be less uncomfortable for job interviews and wedding.

Will update tomorrow.

No comments: