Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Still Think God Has A Funny Sense of Humor

Okay, so we survived last week and last weekend. We were exhausted Sunday night and Monday. What a great way for dh to start his new job!

But, the wedding was pretty and everything worked out fine.

On Monday, I received a job offer from the Oklahoma History Museum to work as a historical interpreter. Yeah. The timing couldn't have been better. I'd had a rotten morning (7C then 10C back to back). I had a killer headache that lasted all day. I had decided before the call came in that I was quitting or taking a leave of absence or something. I was not going to let school stress interfere with this process. And then, the director of the museum called. The pay is less, but so is the stress! No discipline, no grading, just research and presentation.

But, I am still waiting to hear from the other job at the SHPO. I spoke to them today and they should let me know on Friday. They do consider me a "serious candidate." So, I guess if they offer me a job, I will let the other job know I changed my mind. Now the fun task of telling my current boss that I'm leaving. I tried to do that today, but he left early. I still plan to count today as my two week's notice, because I tried to give it. I was afraid of how he would respond to an email. So as soon as I pick up my paycheck tomorrow, I'm giving notice. I hate doing that. I'm seriously concerned that they will try to not pay me all that they owe me. I don't want that to be a problem, but I've worked almost 1/3 of the school year, so I deserve the pay for that. It should be lots of fun.

I've never faced a situation where there was the possibility of me being offered two jobs -- I am thankful, but . . . I hate making decisions!

Oh, I go in for ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. I hope and pray that all is as it should be -- no more and no less!

No comments: