Thursday, November 09, 2006

7 is Dh's favorite number

It took two tries to get in my iv. The first one in the top of my left hand really hurt and then the vein blew out. The second in my right arm barely hurt and it worked!

Then it was into the OR -- I really don't remember anything but laying down and putting my legs up -- I was already sleepy then. It took about 40 minutes instead of 30, but I woke up fairly quickly. The first thing I asked was "how many?"

The answer: 7.

I was shocked and upset. But then some perspective -- the person after me only got 4. The nurses said they hope for 5 or more. Apparently my giant follicle may have been a nice cyst!

I had major cramps afterwards -- they gave me some meds and I took tylenol at home. Now, I feel pretty good, just a little sore and somewhat tired. Mom and I have napped several times (she doesn't seem to be feeling very well either).

Now we are just waiting for the fertilization report from the embryologist tomorrow. Please pray for good news.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Kelli,

I am keeping everything crossed that you get a great fertilization report tomorrow. I haven't been around much, but I have been thinking about you every day!

Love,
Jenn

Sunny said...

Fingers CROSSED!!!