Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 7 Update

Well, everything went fine at my Day 7 appointment. My lining looked good. My 12 measurable follicles were between 10 and 12 mm each. There are smaller ones, but who knows if they will catch up. They are nice and round and similar in size, which is what the clinic likes to see. My estradiol was 328 which is more than double Wednesday's number (it should double every 2 days). Yesterday's nurse thinks retrieval will probably be Friday instead of Wednesday. This is most likely thanks to the aygestin -- which more completely shuts down your system. Apparently, it is taking my body a while to reboot.

We go back on Sunday for another check-up. And dh gets to go with me! I hope to hear that we're a go for Wednesday, but whatever. Only a few more days of these little shots and then the big ones begin (the progesterone that is daily and the one time hcg "trigger" shot).

I've been composing an apology email all morning to the director of the Oklahoma History Museum (the guy who offered me the first job that I accepted and then turned back?). He was not super nice yesterday when I talked to him and it bothered me all day, all night, today . . . Hopefully this message will help me resolve my "guilt." I feel like I had no choice, but apparently he thought I should work more days for less pay. Whatever! I go from being angry at him for being ungentlemanly to being upset with myself. Oh the joys of being overanalytical. Thanks mom and dad. :)

No comments: